Announcement regarding Culpeper Childcare/Workforce Relief Program
Please read this letter with new information regarding the program, the second round, and when checks are being mailed!
Culpeper Regional Transit donation
Thank you to Culpeper Regional Transit for their donation of various canned goods! Thank you Carol Hopkins, Nora Hall, and Mike Socha!
Notice of Public Meeting
Please see attached document here for Emergency Public Meeting.
Childcare Relief Program deadline
Culpeper Career Center Wood Program
The wood program is now open and accepting applications! Please go to the Culpeper Career Center (Sam’s Place) to fill out an application.
Need Transportation to Work?
Please see attached document for different forms of transportation for work.
Mandated Reporter Panel
The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) has released the new Mandated Reporter Portal, which provides a streamlined and easily accessible way for mandated reporters in Virginia to submit reports of suspected child abuse and neglect.
Local Departments of Social Services (LDSS) are responsible for receiving reports of child abuse and neglect, and VDSS operates a 24/7 Child Protective Services (CPS) Hotline that performs the intake function for LDSS on a full-time basis for some agencies and after business hours and on holidays for others. The new Mandated Reporter Portal now provides an additional option for submitting reports of suspected child abuse and neglect via an online webpage.
The benefits of using the Mandated Reporter Portal include:
- The portal is convenient and user-friendly;
- It reduces wait time for mandated reporters making a report (online offers a quicker option to file a report);
- Mandated reporters create a secure account, which will minimize the amount of time needed in making subsequent reports;
- Information will be more accurate, entered directly by the mandated reporter; and
- Helpful resources are conveniently available on the portal.